Increase Search Engine Optimization
Method 1Taking Advantage of Google
- Use Keywords. Google Keywords, a tool within the Google AdSense website, allows you to track keywords and find keyword suggestions. Browse the site and get familiar with how it works and then use it to your advantage. Find keywords that will help you maximize your website's viewership.
- Use Trends. Google Trends tells you how searches in a subject change over time. You can use it to predict spikes and slumps as well as to know when you should update and change pages for the season or switch to using different keywords. You can look at and compare several different terms at a time
- Add yourself to Google. Google will reward Google Plus users and also businesses which are registered on Google Maps. Take advantage and join Google, as it is the most popular search engine by far.
Method 2Creating Your Content
- Have quality content. Quality content, in other words lots of original, error-free text organized well on a modern-looking website, is what matters most in terms of SEO that you can control. Hiring a professional website designer can help with the cosmetics and get you taken seriously by your visitors. You'll also want to be sure that you're not misleading visitors, they should be getting what was advertised when they looked at the site's description.
- Create original content. You also create quality content by making sure that your content is original. This means that not only should each page of your site have different content than every other page of your site, but it also means that you'll be docked for stealing the content of others. Make your text original!
- Incorporate appropriate images. Quality images, tagged with good keywords, can also help your rankings with search engines.
- Use keywords. Find the most relevant and search keywords that relate to the content you provide and then add those keywords to your site text. Use the word a few times within the page in a way that relates to the rest of the text and is natural. Going over the top with the word-drops or pairing them with content that is irrelevant will get you punished in the rankings, however.
- Target niche keywords with low competition. This involves at least a little bit of figuring out what makes your business unique. Maybe you're not just a clothing designer, but you're a geeky clothing designer. Maybe you're not just an auto shop but you're an auto shop in Seattle. Try to use Google Adwords to check how competitive your keywords are before deciding on them. Be sure that the keywords have at least some searches. You will want to try using broader key words too.
- Have a site map. Create a site map that tells people where everything is on your site. You will get about a 1% click through rate to your site map. However, it will do wonders for those who know what site maps do, and the Search Engines will like it as well.