Search Engine Optimization Meaning
Search engine optimization (SEO) can bring a tremendous amount of high-intent traffic to your website (people who are actually in the process of searching for things...things just like what you're selling), and unlike pay-per click (PPC) marketing, also known as paid search, you don't have to pay every time a visitor reaches your site.
But optimizing a website for search traffic is not a simple process.
It's important to understand the three most common reasons for failure in a search engine optimization campaign:
- Poor Workflow Prioritization - There is nearly always something you can do to or for your website to make it more search-friendly. The problem is being able to differentiate the vital from the frivolous, the crucial tasks from the "nice to haves."
- Hopeless Time Sinks - Much of the work that goes into continually optimizing for search traffic is incredibly repetitive and mundane. This not only discourages talented employees, but saps many of your most valuable resources.
- Insufficient Information - Because search engine optimization campaigns require so much leg work, and because it takes much longer to see results from an organic search engine optimization campaign than from a pay-per-click marketing campaign, having accurate information at the start of a search campaign or a site redesign is imperative.
Misfiring with a poorly targeted SEO keyword list that doesn't help drive the specific types of traffic that you are looking for can cost you months of effort that you'll have to duplicate (but in a new direction) to accomplish the results you're after.
Overcoming these three pitfalls is imperative for any marketer or business hoping to:
- Increase Productivity - Finding a means of automating away redundant and time consuming tasks is crucial to keeping employees engaged while improving efficiency.
- Receive Greater Value - Man hours squandered on under-informed campaigns, rote tasks that could be handled by a machine or SEM keyword software service, and mis-prioritization can cost your business thousands upon thousands of dollars in wasted resources and missed opportunities.
- Improve Relevance - You'll be able to generate more relevant, more effective keyword lists and data sets. Possessing the requisite information, automating the right tasks, and better prioritizing how you allot your resources inevitably lead to marked increases in traffic, sales, leads and any of the metrics you deem important to your business.
The question becomes: How to go about answering each challenge?
Search Engine Optimization Improvement With WordStream
WordStream offers a Web-based keyword management software solution that integrates PPC and SEO, keyword analytics and action, to improve the efficiency and profitability of your Web marketing efforts.
While we often think of pay per click when we mention keyword grouping, believe it or not, a keyword management solution like WordStream can truly make or break an organic SEO program. By finding the right keywords through your site’s actual search data, intelligently segmenting those keywords, practicing keyword optimization and prioritizing your content, you can develop a comprehensive search engine keyword strategy that will drive more traffic and leads.
- Visualize low-hanging fruit and the highest-priority, most likely to succeed keyword suggestion and keyword grouping options.
- Automate the processes of keyword research while having relevant keyword ideas, information architecture, and on-page content and structure suggested to you by WordStream.
- Learn from your pay-per-click efforts to gain crucial insights about which keywords and groups of keywords drive traffic and convert well for your business, and do it before you expend time, money, and other resources targeting the wrong key terms.