Complete SEO Tutorial
1. Generate sitemaps and Optimize LinksThis is the most significant part which we fortunately covered in our latest series on Blogger SEO PACK. Read this series to understand clearly how many sitemaps should you create for your blog and how should you submit it to major search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing (MSN). We also discussed ways to reduce crawl errors by optimizing hyperlinks of labels, archives and blog comments.
2. Blogger Post Content OptimizationThere is a difference between a writer and blogger. A writer can be anyone who writes to attract readers interest but a blogger is a skilled author who writes to attract both readers and search engines. A Blogger adopts a technical style by giving more value to rich keywords, word selection, intro paragraph length, images in posts, links and anchor tags in posts. You must be able to make your post extremely easy to be crawled and at the same time interesting and catchy for your readers and visitors. Post content is the soul of your blog. People often add too many keywords in post titles when focus should be The following post will teach you the magic art:
3. Post Title OptimizationNow here comes the King of all your content. Post titles are the backbone of your entire blog traffic. Post title is the first thing a robot crawls and it is the first thing that appears on Search results page followed by post url and then a snippet from the post. The choice of keywords, word limit and use of characters is something that you understand. Following posts will help you a lot:
4. Image OptimizationAfter the introduction of image search technology, traffic through images can simply not be avoided. Every image on your post is a source for quality traffic if you tag them properly. With tags, images have no value because robots can not read graphics unless you tell it what the image is all about by adding its description inside alt text attribute.
5. Meta Description and KeywordAs the video below suggests meta keywords are not that important for Google at least but you must write a good meta description for your homepage.
6. Internal LinkingLinking one post with another helps robots to better dive deep into your content and index every single post and build a relationship among them. Always link related posts with one another just the way I normally do by pointing readers to previously published tutorials that are related to my current post.
7. Nofollow Do's and DontsNofollow was introduced to filter low quality content from good. This link attribute is very hot term when it comes to PageRank juice. To understand what it is and when and where should it be added, read the following tutorials.
8. Directory SubmissionYou might have seen several badges on every new blogs. Directories today are out-dated and there is no sense in expecting traffic from them. The biggest directory so far is DMOZ but it gives me no traffic value at all but adding your site to important directories helps in your search rankings indirectly. Read carefully the post below:
9. How To Improve PageRank?I put my heart and soul in the following tutorial to explain its concept:
10. SiteLinksSitelinks appear on blogs with a minim of PageRank 2.0. It displays a table of your important 8 posts on Google search results page just below your homepage. It gives a completely different look to your blog on search pages. Read more about it here:
11. Organize LabelsYou must not use more than 15-20 labels in order to keep blog navigation clean and easy both for readers and search engines. Read this:
12. Blog Load TimeJust as much as your readers get annoyed with slow load time of your blog or website, similar is felt by a robot. Google values load time a lot in order to provide Google users a great searching experience by taking them to sites that load faster. Not everyone uses fast broadband connection and internet speed on smart phones is comparatively slower so you must maximize blog speed as much as you can.
13. Best Traffic TipOne of my blogging article of faith is posting daily and posting several times per day if you can afford. All the tips shared above are meaningless if you are not providing search engines with fresh content daily. Blogging is about daily updates and if you are not providing thirsty internet with innovative ideas daily then you are surely;y going to loose the wild race of traffic.
Also check this one:
Need help?I wrote the post in great hurry. I just hope these tips may help you with something new and applicable. I wish you all the best with your traffic endeavors and if there is any question you may have just let me know. Don't forget to share this valuable tutorial with your loved ones. Peace and blessings pals! :)